dimanche 14 septembre 2008

Paris, je t'aime

Hi everybody!!

I am going to make an effort and write this post in English! I am going to put some pictures of Paris so I think it will be more interesting for foreigners than for French people. I can already apologize for all the mistakes you are going to read...

Let's go for the touristic visit of Paris!

I went to Paris on thursday. I had my oral on the afternoon, it was ok, I will see the results in some days! I spent the rest of the afternoon with Claire, Laure (two friends I have known since childhood) and Florian (my cousin you saw in my holidays pictures) on a "terasse", place de la contrescarpe, in the "latin neighbourhood", close to my college.

Place de la contrescarpe, near the rue mouffetard


The entrance of my college


Inside, isn't beautiful? :)


Sight from outside : the Panthéon

For the night, I joined some friends in a bar... after 7 months!

With Josquin

Flo and Gab
(no more pictures)


On Friday morning, I had a meeting with my sending organization for preparing my leaving to Bulgaria then I joined Anne-Sophie (an highschool friend) and Victor (friend from undergraduate) in a very luxuous cafe near the Louvre.


Walking in Paris : art galleries on the Place des Vosges

Place des Vosges : one of the oldest square in Paris

Chez Angelina
One of the best hot chocolate, according to Victor... it was delicious!!



Then, we play tourists with AnneSo and we took pictures in famous Parisian places... it was a lot of fun! It was in fact the 1st time I was taking pictures in Paris!

In the back : the Louvre

Metro station

Colonnes de Buren, in Palais royal


Louvre museum

In front of the pyramid

At this moment, a tragedy occured...!!!! For taking this picture, I lent my camera to a Spanish tourist. While I was speking to him, I left my camera bag (with inside my second battery) on the side of the fountain. I came back, sat ans with my usual mix of clumsyness (I am not sure this word exists.... anyway, you know me so you will understand!) and bad luck, I pushed the camera bag in the water!!! No more comments.... I was feeling so stupid!! In fact, I didn't even realize it when I did it but it was the only explanation we found for having lost this bag in a few seconds...


The Louvre again

"Bouquinistes" (old books) on the Seine's banks


Ile de la cité, palais de justice

Seine river with a "péniche" (this kind of flat boat used for carrying stuff on rivers)

Hôtel de Ville, my favourite building in Paris!

I love it!

Little street


French dream : cheese, wine and "charcuterie"!
Miam miam!!!

Notre Dame de Paris, on the Ile de la cité

Notice the talent of the photographer : we are right in front of the cathedrale!!!

The Pope's visit : many many cops !!

For the night, I went to the party organized by my college for the beginning of the school year. I had really a great time !!
It is funny to realize that nothing changed : always the same people, the same (bad!) music, the same gymnasium...

On the night, after "AnneSo and Steph, two tourists in Paris",
it is "AnneSo and Steph in the corridors of the ENS"

With Mathilde and Gab

Cuban cigar with Erwan and Luc !

Josquin, in the "K-fet", the bar of the ENS. It was a so long time I didn't go,
I was so happy to be there, in this crappy place, meeting friends!!

On Saturday, I woke up quite late then I met Hélène. She doesn't want Iput pictures of her so you won't see her...

Panthéon


Place de la Sorbonne (the University)

Notre Dame de Paris

Detail

Gargouilles

Ile de la cité

Beaubourg :
Centre Georges Pompidou, a contemporary art museum

Fountain next to the museum

Everything is very colorfull and is moving : it is wonderful!


I am not sure but I think this tower is called "St Martin tower".
It was the first time I saw it, it was in restauration before.


Orthodox church in the Latin neighbourhood

Jardin du Luxembourg
The building is the Sénat, where stands one of the French assembly




Still the Luxembourg with the Montparnasse tower in the back

Typical French coffee :
in the back, a man with bread, cheese and red wine!
Yes, we like "clichés"!!!


On Sunday night, I went with Josquin and Gab to see the British "Be happy". It was a good movie if you can see it. It remembered me "Odette toutlemonde", a typical French movie which is very good too!

I really spent a wonderful stay in Paris!! I was so happy to see back my friends! (Thank you again Gab for hosting me!!) Walking around in this city is so nice.... I also found back my favourite "crêpes au nutella" (special thinking to Valentina and Diana!) !!

So, I hope know you have all one desire : coming to visit me when I will be back from Bulgaria!!!!!

And for finishing this post, "Paris, je t'aime" is in fact a movie I advise you. It is made of about 20 little movies of few minutes which take place in Paris, dealing with a love story. This time, it is not "cliché" at all and it really worth to see!!! (And many of the movies are in English so... no excuses!!)


1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit…

Steph!!! at the end I can do that!!! finally!!! ok, so, I'm writing just to insert a silly comment, first the music, good choices!!! then French are so cute (and said by a Italian...), and my favourite in your pictures is Luc.
Enjoy France as much possible!!!!
bises