vendredi 1 mai 2009

Sunburn

Good news !!! I had my first sunburn today ! Although it is not very good for my skin, it means that the spring weather is coming, cool !!

I know I haven't been very talkative these last weeks, I am going to try write a little today !
I survived my first month and half of school ! It is actually a very nice job, I really like it ! I have 3 classes. Two of them are very nice, they are serious, nice, they ask questions, they understand, they like me (at least I think/hope!).

As you can guess, I have more difficulties with the 3rd one ! It is a class of 34 (!) teenagers and about 10 of them just don't care at all about maths. So they just chat in class (but not to their neighbour, it is not funny enough but to their friend which is on the opposite side of the room !), they make stupid jokes (5 mns of laugh after), they don't listen...
And me, I try to make them quiet but... it is not a real success I have to admit it ! The worst is one of them (I make him shut up about 10 times an hour) told me "you know, madame, we like you, you are nice, it's just we really don't care" AAAaaa!! Today, I corrected their exams (outside then I had the sunburn !) and they just... didn't understand anything ! Not only my class but also some classes they have been doing again and again for 3 years !
Fortunately, I have the 2 others !! And it makes me feel better when I know the previous math teacher also had some difficulties with them !

In order to change my mind, after my last hour of class 10 days ago (for 2 weeks of holidays), I took the train to Paris, then the night train to... Munich !! I spent 4 days there with Valentina (my Italian friend I met in the US who is doing her PhD in Munich, word is so small, isn't it?). I really had a great time, thanks again little !! She made me try very good beer and cooked me some wonderful pastas (!!! ;) ) !
Just a little anecdote... My last day, Valentina was in the lab so I was walking around the city by myself. I went to the big park of Munich. The weather was beautiful, so I was not so surprised to see many people taking sunbaths on the grass (urban people, whenever there is a ray of sun, they sunbath). But, by getting closer, I realized "but I see a lot of skin... Ah! They are naked !!!". All these people were taking sunbaths totally naked in this park in the middle of the city !!! Some of them were even playing ball like that !
In France, you can't even be naked on beaches, if you want to you go on special beaches. So seeing like that all these people in the middle of the park with all the children aroubd, it was very weird for me !

After this good tine in Germany, I came back to France and I did 4 days of orchestra workshop. It was really great to spend our day playing music ! It was also an opportunity to spend time with some old friends and also to meet new people! We also trained some children for a junior orchestra, it was fun ! The concerts were very nice, everybody was happy !

For my last week of holidays, I went one day in Paris for an interview for a summer job (I will have the answer soon, let's see!), I worked, I enjoyed the sun (not such a good idea!), I will visit some family, I saw some friends, I slept... like good holidays !!

And in 3 days, I will go back to school !!
See you !!

Aucun commentaire: